The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-appreciate-their-concern-for-my-security-but-i-10595178.aspx

Subject:  Re: Off-topic whine of the day Date:  2/12/1999  9:32 AM
Author:  FLboater Number:  6915 of 312237

[[I appreciate their concern for my security but I honestly would be happy to access my account
information at less than 128 encryption. But there is no option to do so. It's like them saying to me
"We appreciate your business but we won't let you withdraw any money unless you are driving and
armored truck".]]

Hi JC

Sorry that you cannot personally manage your account from long distance. However, the safeguard of having 128-bit encryption is for the safety of the bank and its OTHER customers, not just for you. I for one, if I had my accounts at your bank (I don't), sure as heck wouldn't want any Anonymous to have access to his, or potentially any other, account mechanism that could jeopardize my relationships. Though this certainly is inconvenient for you, it is only appropriate if you consider the integrity necessary for all other account holders at the bank.

I spent one whole year living in Brazil, but traveling from/to the US during that time. I had 128-bit encryption on my portable, and never removed it during my periods in Brazil. On the other hand, I never copied the browser version, or let anyone else use or copy the browser from my machine. Not technically in compliance, but then again, it worked for me.

Hope your mom can continue to assist you as required. Good luck.

R

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us