The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Keeping more to yourself (gwo) Date:  2/14/1999  10:06 PM
Author:  GreatWideOpen Number:  10179 of 133119

Is there any thing i can do to avoid writing a check to the irs for such a large amount from 160k short term capital gains? is there not a loop, giving a gift under 10k, or something to offset this large great tax Slam?
Even donating to My IRA cannot be claimed im assuming cause im phased out due to my Adjusted Gross Income. Is there something like opening a tax free account before years end with some of the cap gain or something else to cut back the tax rate which i believe will be 28%?? Thank You
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us