The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Movie Investment Writeoff Date:  3/14/1999  11:45 PM
Author:  TMFTaxes Number:  12179 of 128039

[[In 1997 I invested in an independent film. The film is yet to be released. When
can I write off my investment?]]

You most likely invested in a limited partnership to produce the film, and your "deductions" will be provided to you via the Form K-1 that the partnership is required to provide to you.

If it was NOT a partnership that you invested through, then you'll have to take your agreements to a qualified tax pro for review. Movie investments can get very, very tricky.

TMF Taxes
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us