The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  What do I do? Date:  4/4/1999  12:13 AM
Author:  frentz Number:  9665 of 100168

I recently accepted an early retirement package from Uncle Sam and am now employed by a small company that does not offer a retirement program. I received $25,000 from Uncle Sam to help compensate for the reduced retirement annuity I am receiving. I can contribute $2,000 to a regular IRA but how can I protect a larger portion of $25,000 from income taxes?
Do I need to convince my new employer to open a SEP or SIMPLE IRA??

Thanks ahead.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us