The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: condominium fee Date:  4/10/1999  12:43 AM
Author:  rjm1 Number:  14249 of 127987

I live in a rented house. I own a condo apartment that I have rented out.

Can I deduct the condo association fee I pay every month from my taxable
income, in addition to the mortgage interest on the apartment?

Yes you can. You must also deduct depreciation or you lose the deduction.

You might want to see a CPA because your two questions lead me to think that you maybe missing valid deductions. IF you don't, buy a copy of turbo tax delux and read the help and other info on rental property and home offices.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us