The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Pet Lovers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/raggmopp-perhaps-i-should-have-made-myself-more-10862040.aspx

Subject:  Re: Seizures Date:  5/13/1999  6:05 PM
Author:  lazyglen Number:  711 of 123299

Raggmopp,

Perhaps I should have made myself more clear, it depends on how violent a seizure it is. I was once waiting for a table at a restaraunt when a guy had a seizure. One of the other patrons and I helped his wife lower him to the floor and kept him from hitting his head on anything hard. It looked like all the muscles in his body had tensed up and were vibrating slightly. We just held his hands, talked to him and waited it out.

cmonkey saidAs they go, it wasn't that severe; I could hear her little feet skittering around on the floor, and then she mostly stood and craned her neck. There was a bit of drooling, but it wasn't much. I patted her and talked to her and we waited it out.

If however, arms, legs, head (and tails) are flying in random directions, the best thing to do is probably to try to make a large an area as possible for them to flail.

Perhaps there are other folk here who know more about seizures who can chime in.

LazyGlen.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us