The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in California

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/it-sounds-like-socal-has-a-large-and-somewhat-10938229.aspx

Subject:  Re: Anyone in the SF Bay Area? Date:  6/10/1999  1:25 PM
Author:  laopera Number:  1034 of 12908

It sounds like SoCal has a large and somewhat organized contingent; are we such free thinkers that we can't also benefit from banding together??

Almost entirely erroneous, water-hoarding NoCal. For one, Angelenos are utterly amiably disorganized. It is the jackbooted OC contingent, they of the county of Disneyplatz, Dornan, and unGodly long left turn lanes (has anyone ever made a left turn on their own, entirely without an arrow in Orange County?) that is para-organized. Two, we rarely benefit from banding together. At a typical gathering, at least four ruinous stocks will be touted as the next sure thing, enough Tequila will be consumed to affect the outcome of a Tijuana election, and one or two marriages will be put in double jeopardy.

I don't engage in much of the above myself, of course. I try to keep things on an even keel. But I am still steaming about my parking ticket at Pinks...yet another non-benefit.

You are free thinkers up there though, that must be admitted. Those Browns!

laopera
see you up there sometime
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us