The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Folly in 50 States and the World / Folly in California

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/wow-i-dont-know-whether-to-rofl-or-be-10939122.aspx

Subject:  Re: Anyone in the SF Bay Area? Date:  6/10/1999  4:53 PM
Author:  laopera Number:  1040 of 12908

Wow!! I don't know whether to ROFL or be seriously insulted!

Hey, already you're ahead of "Spring Street" Bob, who put me in the Penalty Box immediately for dissing his immanently dissable town.

Well, let me amend my previous post by saying that "It sounds like Southern Californians have a large and somewhat vocal contingent" (Why do I suddenly feel like I'm being baited?)

You aren't being baited, because it's no contest. You are likely all alone up there to defend the water hoarding NoCals. They only pop in on this board from time to time, looking for serious investment clubs to join (poor bastards haven't figured out yet that housing costs are offsetting their AOL profits, and that they could make Key Investment Move One by hightailing it on 580 right out of town with a U-Haul hitched to the back). Had I not had such a great dinner at Fallaron (Farallon?--jeez, those martoonis...) a month ago, and were you not so underrepresented, you would be under virtual siege.

laopera
tossing a brick in the neighbor's pool right now, to save water
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us