The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Annuity Advice Date:  8/5/1999  9:43 AM
Author:  pauleckler Number:  12840 of 96931

If the annuity you have is underperforming, one option you have is to transfer it to a better annuity. There is an article in Business Week Jul 5 issue, p 98 (and I am told you can get it on the BW web page) that tells you how. You do a "1035 exchange", apparently the equivalent of an IRA rollover.

Vanguard, Fidelity, Scudder, and T Rowe Price are listed in the article as firms that offer low cost, no load annuities with little or no surrender charges.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us