The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 401k to IRA Date:  8/20/1999  8:50 AM
Author:  buzman Number:  13277 of 104409

>>If you rollover the shares into an IRA, you pay ordinary income tax rates (max=39.6%)on any gains.<<
I'm just asking, I'm not saying you are wrong. I thought you could rollover a 401 to a IRA with no tax ramifications. I eagerly await your reply.
I want to impress my wife with my new-found knowledge,
she's an accountant.

but i am

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us