The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/help-me-choose-11179357.aspx

Subject:  Help me CHOOSE! Date:  8/22/1999  11:41 AM
Author:  andydufresne Number:  13329 of 99780

I have a unique opportunity. My father has retired and left the family small business to me. As a Novice Fool I thought I'd get some help from the at-large fool community in choosing a retirement plan. We currently have none so I'll be starting from scratch.

I want to strike a balance between what will be good for me and for my future employees (currently I am IT!), and not having to spend MY money on a brand new employee that may or may not stick.

I am in the business of Carpet Care and Disastor Restoration. (Hope I can get the contract for the Planet Hollywood thing :-) ).

I expect to have 3 employees within 6 months. I have looked at Simple plans and 401Ks and would really like some foolish opinions,

I would like something that would make the plan available to the employees as soon as they finish 90 day probation period BUT that I would not be requred to contribute to until they had been around a year or so....BUT that I could contribute from the business to MY account immediately.

Lot of stuff here I know but if you have any ideas....
POST EM!
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us