The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 403B Date:  8/26/1999  9:14 AM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  13483 of 100452

Greetings, Z, and welcome. You asked:

<<I have a 403B annuity in a mutual fund that I want to "roll over" into a self directed brokerage account. I thought this was just like an IRA.

Can I do this? And, what is a 403B annuity?>>

You may read a description of a 403b plan in my Foolish Retirement Plan Primer at The money in such a plan may be invested in annuities and/or mutual funds only. It cannot be invested in individual securities like stocks that you select yourself.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us