The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: "catching-up" in 403b Date:  8/27/1999  8:06 AM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  13507 of 100397

Greetings, TenBillion, and welcome. You asked:

<<previously i worked for a college/university for about 1.5 years, but now i work for a public school system. can i "catch-up" regarding the 1.5 years that i worked at a college but not did not contribute, and instead contribute that money which i neglected to do at the college to my 403b with the public school system?>>

The provisions for catch-up elections for 403b plan contributions can be found starting on page 9 of IRS Publication 571, Tax Sheltered Annuity Programs for Employees of Public Schools and Certain Tax-Exempt Organizations, available at Your Human Resources/Benefits Administrator should be able to tell you if you may use one of the three available elections to increase your contribution. I tend ot doubt it, but then that's not my area of expertise, either.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us