The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Roth Date:  8/31/1999  6:28 AM
Author:  Goldstucker Number:  13547 of 100420

On a Roth, if you have contributed during the year and find at the end that you exceed the AGI rule (either partial or 100%), I know, of course, you pay taxes on the contribution - thats a ROTH. I also figure you'll have to pay taxes on the interest earned in the year you exceeded AGI (another question, another time) BUT do you have to take the money out or can you leave it in?

I'm assuming the AGI rule applies yearly. Also realize in this case we are not qualified to participate in a traditional IRA.

Thanks for the wealth....of information.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us