The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Need help with plan Date:  9/2/1999  10:36 AM
Author:  zgriner Number:  13616 of 100168

Worry about the non-IRA later.
Since almost half your money is in cash, do the simple thing, put it somewhere temporarily. Go to and fill out an application for their S&P500 index fund. Then fill out their transfer form, transferring all you non-IRA mutal fund money and cash into the index fund. While you still have to print the form and sign it, Vanguard will do all the work to get the mutual funds sold and transfer the moneys. You just fill out the initial paperwork.

Then, when you decide what next to do, it is another simple thing to get the money transferred again.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us