The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/rumbye-date-9599-914-pm-number-13671-i-am-in-11228191.aspx

Subject:  Re: On Line Trades Date:  9/5/1999  9:30 PM
Author:  WilliamLipp Number:  13672 of 104285

RUMBYE Date: 9/5/99 9:14 PM Number: 13671
I am in my sixties and have a structured retirement plan assets invested through advisors. I am content with that.

We also have some money with an advisor. But I insist on a performance review. Over a three year period, he must do better than an unmanaged investment in the S&P500, including dividend reinvestment. He's at 22 months and losing right now. I can't see paying to underperform a "dumb-as-a-stump" investment.

I am concerned about online security and safety of my funds with the online brokers.

Every online broker I've seen has the same federal SIPC insurance as your high cost broker, good for $500,000 per account, plus additional insurance to some multi-million level. There is a board dedicated to the discussion (enter "Discount Brokers") in the board field below this message, which has a FAQ that will lead you to good internet resources.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us