The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Leave in 401(K) or rollover to IRA? Date:  9/5/1999  10:01 PM
Author:  BGPenhollo Number:  13675 of 90441

"No you can only roll over an IRA to a Roth and that's at your current tax bracket. If you use an LSD you have to make the post LSD funds LOOK like a Roth by investing in a tax managed index fund and hopefully not have to even spend the growth in it till you get a step-up in basis at death.
I hope this helps you . "

Hi Ed,

I do not fall within the 25 nor 50yr 401K time periods. I am glad you spent more time explaining the issues. LSD does not appear to be a viable vehicle for me nor can my mother use it.

I can see where it could be beneficial in some very unique cases.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us