The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Rolling annuities? Date:  9/5/1999  11:24 PM
Author:  peppermintpatty Number:  13718 of 95820

Franke - The TSA account is related to your work - if you've left the job which allowed the payroll deductions that funded the TSA you may move the money. The IRA account may be moved without restriction. In both cases you'll want to transfer to another IRA account (rollover) to avoid tax + penalty, unless you are 60+ years of age. And in both cases you'll need to review what "surrender penalties" may be imposed by the annuity issuer before beginning any transfer... Read the details!

Good luck, PP
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us