The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 401Roll/ Date:  9/7/1999  6:21 PM
Author:  Bobbcat Number:  13781 of 103159

<<The funds are from the previous leasing company's 401. We are moving to a new leasing co. which means we'll be able to roll the funds out.>>

???? !!!! ????

You own an S Corp with a Profit Sharing Plan, but are contributing to another company's (the leasing company's) 401(k)??????

Since 401(k) contributions are by definition deducted from salary (payroll) how would this be possible? Are you an employee or former employee of the leasing company????

Or am I confused as to who "we" is. I was thinking you and your spouse. Do you mean your leased employees are changing employers and will be able to roll their funds out?
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us