The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: IRA Rollover Date:  9/29/1999  8:35 AM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  14121 of 96089

Greetings, Landersj, and welcome. You asked:

<<There are two ways to move an IRA. One is the rollover. The other sends the money directly to the new account and can be done numerous times in a year. What is this type of transfer called?>>

The latter is called a direct transfer or a custodian-to-custodian transfer.


Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us