The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ive-been-following-this-thread-and-commend-11375345.aspx

Subject:  Re: Buying a Car---Salesman View Date:  10/15/1999  12:21 AM
Author:  ENGRRLM Number:  3216 of 73471

I've been following this thread and commend CalCarGuy for presenting his views. It can't be easy stepping into the lion's den!

But to me, the method presented by the Motley Fool just puts car buying in the same category as major purchases made by businesses every day--Competitive Bidding.

I worked for many years in an organization which made all major purchase via specifications and competitive bidding. Bidders were happy to be allowed to be on the approved bidder's list.

The key to getting business is to meet the specifications and offer a competitive price.

It has been my experience with car dealers that the vast majority of the time wasted is due to their trying to use their "System" rather than providing information to the customer.

CalCarGuy- Please don't be offended by my comments or others on the Board. I think we can learn from you, and hopefully can provide you with good input.

Bob Mc
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us