The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/when-i-needed-to-buy-a-car-in-92-i-wanted-to-buy-11383892.aspx

Subject:  Re: What's the last car you'd ever buy? Date:  10/17/1999  7:45 PM
Author:  TMF2Aruba Number:  3236 of 73836

When I needed to buy a car in '92, I wanted to buy a car that I would be able to keep for as long as possible. I've no desire whatsoever to be driving fancy new cars every year, I much prefer to have a dependable car that will start up every morning without fail, one that would not make me spend my life in the repair shop.

That's why I bought the Camry. I liked how it looked, but more importantly, I liked the record and the reports I read in every review.

Almost 8 years later, I'm still driving the car, and it's never let me down. I only have 52K miles on it now, but I've done nothing more than change the oil regularly, replaced the front brakes, and bought a new set of tires.

I'm hoping to keep this car for many more years, and when the time comes to replace it, I think I'll be getting another Camry.

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us