The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

International Investing / Australia (All-Ordinaries)

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quotare-you-against-research-grants-per-sequot-11393119.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hotdog stands Date:  10/19/1999  9:19 PM
Author:  demiller1 Number:  828 of 6186

"Are you against research grants per se"

I am never against the grants being offered by the State and Federal Governments. In fact the grants are, in the main, utilised for very worthwhile projects which are *screamers* at the end of the day.

"or just against companies like Novogen from benefitting from them?"

Again no. I appreciate what new tech/patents/ideas have to go through to get them to work in the first place and then get them registered. What concerns me though is that we do have a limited amount of capital at the end of the day. As a capitalist economy we tend to throw the majority of ideas to the wind and reliance is on the inventor to find the investors. After the 87 crash the entreprenuer was throwned upon by investors and to be one, was to be castigated by society. It took a brave heart to invest seed capital at the best of times yet I have seen many a good project being handed to overseas interests.

Maybe I should stand for the Senate and seek election on the base that a Board be established which consists of *intellects* rather than government beaurocrats (sp) to dish out the money!

Then again dream on!

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us