The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Wireless World

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ok-so-we-all-move-to-earpieces-connected-via-11401777.aspx

Subject:  Re: not to change the subject or anything Date:  10/21/1999  2:17 PM
Author:  geoffchase Number:  836 of 4031

Ok, so we all move to earpieces connected via Bluetooth to our Psion handhelds, voila, bang goes your microwave radiation problem

Pretty OT here, tho I saw the show and thought much along maria's lines.. I recently finished a consulting project trying to use bluetooth based chips to make wireless earpieces along with DSP's in the earpiece for better sound quality (noise reduction, compression, automatic volume control based on exterior noise etc - very cool IMO). Anyway, the bluetooth stuff is definitely not ready for prime time just yet.. The companies that make the chips and those that are part of the BT standards coalition make it sound so, but, IMO it aint there yet..

On the actual topic, I think the hurt comes from culturally identifiable folks (i.e. cool people) like Branson using earpieces (his is available online for about $22 US) rather than the cellphone direct. Most folks IMO will follow that lead rather than the FDA.

Just my 2%, cheers,

jgc
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us