The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks C / Cais Internet, Inc.

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/technic47-wrote-will-a-businessman-be-willing-11465369.aspx

Subject:  Re: Does anyone own this stock.. Date:  11/3/1999  9:49 PM
Author:  djnovotny Number:  19 of 45

technic47 wrote...

Will a businessman be willing to pay $10 extra night for high-speed Internet?

As a frequent traveler, I am willing to occasionaly pay $10.00 for the service. But not on a daily basis. The question is whether the company picks up the tab. Unless there is justification for the cost, usually not. But on extended trips, if I have an evening with nothing to do, I'll spend the $10.00.

Tonight is such an example. I've been here since Sunday, been busy every evening until now. I wanted to check my personal e-mail and decided to see how well this service works. Overall it was a breeze to set up. Web browsing is extremely fast ! Receiving mail was not a problem. Sending mail is. Remember, still need to send/receive via your ISP. I contacted my ISP and they couldn't resolve the issue. I was able to send mail to my ISP's domain, (a test message to myself that I was able to see via their web-mail service, and an e-mail to their tech support person) but could not get messages past their domain... Perhaps I'll call or e-mail CAIS this weekend.

David...

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us