The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks J / Jakks Pacific

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/squaly-youve-got-it-right-and-so-does-the-11468676.aspx

Subject:  Re: Can someone explain? Date:  11/4/1999  1:47 PM
Author:  purdue519 Number:  135 of 558

Squaly,

You've got it right, and so does the article. Anyone who buys the stock before the close of business today will own tomorrow: 1.5 * current number of shares. The price of JAKK on 11/5 at open with be 2/3 * today's close. The record date is irrelevant to shareholders like you and me.

I applaud those who are selling due to ethical reasons. You have to do what you feel is right. I for one have no problem with this. I was a huge wrestling fan as a kid (in the 80's) and all of the stunts they pulled, I think I turned out ok. (At least I haven't hit anyone with a metal folding chair or have done a flying drop kick off my desk into a coworker)

For those staying put, JAKK shareholders have alot to look forward to in the next couple of months and years. We have the Flying Colors purchase that just happened, the THQI joint venture for the WWF video game that is supoosed to be spectacular (which is already number 2). And we have 1000 new toys coming out next year. We've gone from #19 to #5.

Sure is a good time to be a JAKK shareholder.

Chuck
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us