The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: EARLY Retirement Date:  12/18/1999  4:00 PM
Author:  TheBadger Number:  16566 of 90421

My question is, other than the 10% Uncle Sugar penalty on earlier withdraw, am I missing something?

YES. You can actually avoid the 10% surtax (leaving regular federal & usually state income tax to be paid) by making a ยง72(t)(2)(A)(iv) "substantially equal periodic payments" election. You should get Pubd 575 & 590 and Notice 89-25 and study them thoroughly.

The Badger

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us