The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 401K TO SELF-DIRECTED IRA Date:  1/6/2000  3:52 PM
Author:  W401K Number:  17437 of 90456

YES, You can do a rollover to any discount brokerage you wish. Fidelity, Ameritrade, Vanguard, E*Trade, Datek, DLJDirect, Schwab, etc. etc.
As long as the check is made out to the brokerage firm, and NOT to you the IRS doesn't care wo you select as a discount broker. Yes, you may buy individual stocks, bonds and mutual funds. All comissions must be paid out of the funds in the IRA.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us