The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Gorilla Game, The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-started-looking-into-fpd-as-a-potential-gorrila-11776877.aspx

Subject:  Re: Potenial gorrilla habitat? Date:  1/9/2000  8:25 AM
Author:  mstew Number:  426 of 8788

I started looking into FPD as a potential Gorrila ground about a week ago so not much yet but I am going to stay on it. The companies involved that I've discovered so far are:
Eastman Kodak, Planar Display, Idemitsu-Kosan, Universal Display Corporation, Pioneer, FED Corporation, Light Emitting Polymers (LEP), Cambridge Display Technologies', Uniax Polymer Electronics, Seiko-Epson, Hewlett Packard , Philips Components
I don't know if the technology is open yet but there certianly some proprietary ones (the above companies tout there patents) One thing is certain, the chasm still lies in front of this technology so the issue I am focusing on is whether this has potential as a displacing technology in this industry NOT on who may be a gorilla.

I only have about 6 or 7 hours per week for such research but I pln to stick with it until I can offer a supported opinion.
MStew

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us