The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Real Estate Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/on-the-topic-of-leasing-11789188.aspx

Subject:  On the Topic of Leasing Date:  1/11/2000  2:03 PM
Author:  Isiszion Number:  6 of 14324

OK Ive got a question. Ive decided that a lease option seems to be a really good way to promote monthly cash flow. Of course this all goes to say of course that the terms have been negotiated in your favor. My question. Say you do find such a deal and decide to sublet, how are the new renters affected, what are the legal relationship between me and said renters. If Im only leasing and therefore do not own the property yet, what are my liabilities.

Perhaps someone who has more experience can give me more personal take on this issue. I know it can work, I just have not worked out all the fine points, and dont fully understand the ramifications of subletting for a profit.

Another point - For example in this case would it make more sense to say lease option to buy or just straight lease especially if Im really just out to make a nice cash flow, say in this NYC Market maybeee a $100 - $350 profit on a 2 family house.

Isiszion
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us