The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Annuities Date:  1/28/2000  9:11 AM
Author:  Dodgeball Number:  18363 of 104849

I think Chris may be referring to a surrender charge, meaning he will have to forfeit a percentage of his money for breaking the annuity contract.

One option is to leave the money alone until the surrender charge expires, and then move the money to another plan.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us