The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/lti-fully-agree-with-you-that-the-fees-outlined-11894175.aspx

Subject:  Re: 401K Date:  1/29/2000  7:51 PM
Author:  gurdison Number:  1819 of 22193

<I fully agree with you that the fees outlined are unacceptable. The difficult issue is that the employees don't "almost deserve to get ripped off" - they have no or little control over the 401(k) vendor selected by their employer>

Let me say that your point is well taken. If all of the choices in their plan are really that bad, it is up to the well informed employees to discuss that with other employees. They also need to bring it to the attention of the management that authorized the plan.
Maybe they are not aware how poorly their plan compares to other plans. At least the issue needs to be raised.

I DO feel bad for the person who sees the problem, but can't do anything about it. I am not very sympathetic to those who never read their plan literature or those who keep quiet over such an important issue. Those people do deserve what they get.

BRG
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us