The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: SIMPLE - IRA Date:  2/1/2000  3:33 PM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  18568 of 103169

Greetings, Glennash, and welcome. You wrote:

<<My employer has recently ended a SIMPLE-IRA program and gone to a 401K. What can I do so I will be able to continue contributions to these funds. >>

After the account has been open for two years, you may move it to a traditional IRA or convert it to a Roth IRA to which you may make contributions. Until then, you just have to wait because if you try to move that money before two years are up, then you will be assessed a 25% penalty on the contents. In the interim, you may use the new 401k and make contributions to any other IRA.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us