The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investors' Roundtable / Rule Maker Companies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-fool-is-losing-credibility-11910587.aspx

Subject:  The Fool is Losing credibility Date:  2/1/2000  7:04 PM
Author:  BigShoes Number:  5388 of 8329

In the recent Maker column re: Nokia the Matt Richey said "But don't take my word for it. Seriously. For example, if you took Bill's word for it last Wednesday, you might've thought Nokia's flow ratio was just a so-so 1.85. Nope, it's actually 1.16. Did we catch you with that one? Watch out, we Fools are prone to a bit of trickery now and then."

Either there was a mistake, or they plain and simple LIED to all of us. Most publications post a retraction and admit a mistake, here it is referred to as "trickery" and they imply that it was just to get us to do our own research. If they intentionally reported the wrong Flow ratio then that's a lie and there's no disputing it.When one intentionally states something they know to be otherwise-that's a lie! I'm all for the tutorial approach but I also own up to my mistakes. But the only ones who know if it was purposeful misrepresentation of the facts or a mistake are the Maker Port columnists and I for one am calling them to come clean!
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us