The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: IRA Contributions Date:  2/8/2000  2:35 PM
Author:  TMFTaxes Number:  27857 of 130716

<<Question: I am a full-time trader and technically I have no earned income. I make about 100,000 in short term gains a year and live off that. Is there a way I can still contribute to retirement????>>

Nope...not if your reporting your gains on Sch D and your expenses on Sch C.

You should check out the Fairmark tax site for additional information on trading taxes.

TMF Taxes
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us