The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Wireless World

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/anyway-what-do-you-think-of-phonecom-buying-that-11952558.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wireless port update Date:  2/8/2000  10:07 PM
Author:  Prestone Number:  1980 of 4031

Anyway what do you think of phone.com buying that UK syncing company? will that hurt PUMA (more)? or did PUMA just get overbought and is ready to bounce back and dominate the syncing world?

Yes, I definitely think PUMA got overbought. It is very constructive for the stock to consolidate in here. I feel more comfortable with it forming a solid base, than to continue running up. Nothing in the chart since 1/3 looks concerning to me or out of the ordinary for a stock that run up as strongly as PUMA did.

The England software deal with PHCM definitely isnt a positive deal for PUMA. PUMA does have a relationship with PHCM, but that is regarding Proxiweb and XML which I understand PUMA is focusing on pretty strongly.
Focusing on further developing the product that is.

As far as synching goes, I think you just have to look at who has the strongest relationships, and I still believe that to be PUMA. XTND did have a strong announcement with ERICY a couple weeks back. I still believe that PUMA will not start to see the giant ramp up in revs. until bluetooth has become commonplace. Products are supposed to start shipping mid to late '00. Ericcson has said that in 2001, bluetooth will explode.

If last quarter can be used as a reference, PUMA should have an outstanding Conference Call that will generate excitement once again. I love hearing them speak, they definitely have great vision.

Earnings date 2/23.

Prestone

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us