The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks S / Sirius XM Radio

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-post-what-a-great-read-i-am-long-11966610.aspx

Subject:  Re: Interview with CEO Date:  2/10/2000  10:36 PM
Author:  fferrara Number:  314 of 10889

Thanks for the post. What a great read.

I am long this stock. It is not going to double overnight like everything else seems to do these days but I think the stock will do quite well when it pops up on people's radar screens later this year (no pun intended).

Let's face it, there haven't been sanctioned nationwide monopolies (or duopolies) since they broke up AT&T.

But it still disturbs me that they ignore the home market. I have said on these boards before that I am a radio freak and have it on at home pretty regularly. And it's not just "backround noise" as SIRI's CEO refers to it. I can't believe I'm alone here.

I also was disappointed that there were no questions asked about proprietary programming, signing up popular radio personalities to do their shows exclusively on SIRI. I know they have celebs signed up to host music formats but I'm talking about Rush Limbaugh and others of his ilk. I hate the stuff but they are ratings (and thus suscription) generators.

Frank
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us