The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks J / Jakks Pacific

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/keith-the-balance-of-the-inventory-was-attributed-12007092.aspx

Subject:  Re: JAKK's 4Q Results Date:  2/18/2000  8:27 AM
Author:  GARCIA2 Number:  213 of 558

Keith,

The balance of the inventory was attributed to the shutdown of industry in China until the passing of the Chinese New Year. I know nothing about this
holiday, but, apparently, all things shut down.

I live in Taiwan. Chinese New Year is like our Christmas holiday, except businesses all shut down... (I guess they aren't after those last minute presents).
It lasts about 15-20 days. I'm a bit confused about the timing of it in relation to last quarter. It is just ending now (2/18), which means it started around the beginning of February. How did this affect the quarter balance sheet?

I want to thank you for the informative post. I'm holding simply based on the impressive top and bottom line, to say nothing about the growth prospects.

I too think the A/R and A/P can be considered a wash. Worst case scenario, I'm even willing to accept a bad quarter of inventories. (How much of this could be from falling off of WWF demand?)

good luck to everyone,
Derek
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us