The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/liberation-is-a-good-word-since-you-are-now-12013982.aspx

Subject:  Re: That label "Retirement" Date:  2/19/2000  12:48 PM
Author:  JACKMcFOOL Number:  2351 of 21200

Liberation, is a good word, since you are now freed from the "slavery" of work would emancipated be too much? How about "self employed in the esoteric endeavors of life"? Too wordy, is there a word for having enough money to have the time to do what you enjoy? Perhaps retired in this context is not so bad after all. Just to elaborate further my father retired at 55 and I swear was and is more busy than when he was working. I never thought of him as being put out to pasture, NEVER. When I retire perhaps I'll just say I have "moved on to the next level". Many beaches to visit sights to see classic cars to own maintain and drive. Retirement is only bad when you are only concerned by such trivialities as, where's the remote, what's to eat next, or too much alcohol and at the risk of offending some playing golf.
Cheers and enjoy,
McFool
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us