The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Gorilla Game, The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/darren-thanks-much-for-the-detailed-objective-12034764.aspx

Subject:  Re: Gorilla B2B Companies Date:  2/23/2000  6:06 PM
Author:  MikeBuckley Number:  1118 of 8813

Darren,

Thanks much for the detailed, objective reply.

It's interesting that I was unwilling to crown Siebel the CRM Gorilla until the IBM internal implementation deal was announced. My concern was that there was one last possibility that an ERP player, probably SAP or Oracle, could take over Siebel. Gorilla-gaming theory tells me that ORacle and SAP could be overwhelmingly successful chimps because of the way they can leverage their installed customer base, but I don't see them ever coming close enough to catch Siebel. They're simply too late into the game.

For the others reading our discussion who aren't as aware of the pros and cons as you are, I should add that some customers will choose not to be entirely tied into their ERP vendor for exactly opposite reasons other customers think being completely tied into them is a distinct advantage.

Great discussion! Thanks again for your input. It's not often I get to communicate with someone who has seen the applications in action, much less understand what they can do. It's certainly beyond me.

--Mike Buckley

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us