The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: SEP-IRA Date:  2/24/2000  3:37 PM
Author:  TheImpaler Number:  19459 of 102753

zorloc wrote:
"KEOGH: A Keogh will allow you to contribute more money than a SIMPLE if you NET more than $27,273. Under a Keogh you can contribute through 2 parts: A money purchase plan, and a profit sharing plan. With both parts you can contribute as an employer up to 25% of your income to a maximum of $30,000. Keoghs are a bit harder to setup, require more organization, and frequently involve higher fees than the other types of plans."

hi zorloc,

i found your post to be very helpful. i have an additional question reguarding KEOGHs, more specifically the the Profit Sharing plan. i have recently incorporated as an 's-corp',with just myself as an employee, and need to know whether the maximum contribution that is allowed is relative to what i pay myself or what the company takes in for the year.

thanks in advance,

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us