The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Mortgage interest paid Date:  2/25/2000  11:44 PM
Author:  pmarti Number:  30052 of 132633

<< My income was not enough for income taxes to be taken out. My spouse's income is tax free. Can we get our mortgage interest that we paid in 1999 back? >>

No. Do check the rules for the Earned Income Credit. You may qualify.

Phil Marti
Tax Preparer
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us