The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investors' Roundtable / Rule Maker Companies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/whats-the-deal-with-jdsu-earnings-12056311.aspx

Subject:  Whats the deal with JDSU earnings? Date:  2/26/2000  7:29 PM
Author:  ojanen Number:  5656 of 8329

What are JDSU's current and projected earnings?

It depends who you ask. After the Rule Maker added JDSU to its portfolio it caught my eye as a possible candidate to my personal portfolio, but before I made any buy orders I was going to do some thorough research. First I looked up JDSU using the MF's "Quote & Data." I checked its "earnings per share" which were -1.85. Fair enough. Next I wanted to see its past earnings and future projections, for this task I chose www.nasdaq.com which has simple yet detailed charts. To my surprise, according to www.nasdaq.com JDSU has been profitable all year, which is directly contrary to MF charts and even the 10-Q of JDSU (which also posted a loss).

Hmm... does the www.nasdaq.com have a secret alliance with JDSU to artificially inflate its price and consequentiely inflate the nasdaq. All this my merely attracting naive investers with false profits. Maybe... But maybe someone else has a Foolish take on this puzzling error.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us