The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  State Tax Liability for a migrant worker Date:  3/6/2000  6:55 PM
Author:  mkipp Number:  31049 of 127986

Please help!
Last year I began working for a company based in Georgia. I maintain a residence in California but only get to go home once every five weeks for a week. To make things more interesting my actual job sites have placed me in 15-20 different states and I have never actually worked in Georgia or visited the office there. My question is simply this "To whom do I send my state taxes?". When I was hired I was sent a Georgia witholding form and I indicated that I wanted no deductions because I expected to have no Georgia tax liability. I had just planned on having to pay California taxes, but now I'm really nervous. Was I wrong or can I start sleeping easy again? Thanks in advance for any help!
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us