The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Fool News & Commentary

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/pricelinecom-12197574.aspx

Subject:  priceline.com Date:  3/14/2000  8:50 AM
Author:  shoms Number:  2528 of 10421

If you're going to shop for groceries on this site, get a cup of coffee and be prepared to sit in front of your computer for at least 2 hours. Each product you bid on takes you thru 2 more pages before you can add the item to your cart. There are usually 3 to 4 prices you can choose ranging from "best chance" to "least likely chance" of getting the item at that price.

When I finally bid on all the items I was interested in (usually choosing "good chance" of getting my price), I submitted my list and was instantly sent to a page of offers to get "free tokens" if I wanted to fill out questionaires, sign up for credit cards, etc. I skipped past this page to find out that almost 1/2 of my list of items could not be purchased for the prices I had bid.

After making adjustments to the prices (being solicited for free tokens at every turn), I submitted my list again only to find that they could not use the credit card I gave them (a debit card that I use every day and have used several times since). I think they may have wanted me to sign up for a new credit card...

Well, that was it for me. Way too much time sitting in front of the computer negotiating for a few cents off per item. It is easier and quicker to clip coupons.

Sharon "K"
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us