The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Fool News & Commentary

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/pricelinegrousing-12197949.aspx

Subject:  Priceline.Grousing Date:  3/14/2000  9:50 AM
Author:  rshook Number:  2554 of 10421

My comments to TMF Puck, who was disappointed with the product provided by Priceline: "There's no such thing as a free lunch", and "You get what you pay for".

When you buy a discount ticket, you're getting stale inventory. Something they couldn't sell, and are letting go at something close to cost. Yes, I agree that taxes should have been disclosed ... but you said that you would fly from any of the three airports ... and that you'd accept a connection ... and you were willing to travel any time of the day.

If you want flexible tickets and stellar customer service and convenient connections and your choice of airports, buy a full-fare ticket. You can't expect Lexus-style service from a Yugo dealer.

I travel close to 200,000 miles per year - mostly business, and some pleasure. When I'm travelling for $159 on Southwest, I don't expect the same level of service as when I'm paying $4000 for an international business class ticket. (Besides, Southwest wouldn't know how to handle business travellers if one walked up and bit them). As with most industries, you get the level of service and flexibility you pay for.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us