The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Fool News & Commentary

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/priceline-is-a-ripoff-12198073.aspx

Subject:  Priceline is a Ripoff Date:  3/14/2000  10:06 AM
Author:  Oscar26 Number:  2558 of 10421

I must agree with the article slamming Priceline. While I didn't loose as much money, I purchased tickets from Harrisburg PA to Portland ME. The bid price that I entered was $150 each. When I got my reply, I got the tickets, but the flight is from Harrisburg to Manchester NH, which is 1 1/2 hours from where I want to be. Portland was only 35 minutes. But I was temporarily relieved that I got my tickets for $150. Then I scrolled down. They added $51 in taxes and fees to my tickets, for a grand total of $402. While this is only a 33% increase in ticket price (I feel horrible for the person who's price increased 64%) There was no explaination of the taxes. When I received the information from Priceline in the mail, it listed my ticket prices at $196 and a $5 handling fee, for a total of $402. So I must conclude that $150 = $196, right? Gee, I must have paid too much for a college education. I spent so much time on hold to their customer service I just took this as a lesson learned and did not even attempt to fight for money back. My biggest concern here is honesty and the fact that priceline lacks it.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us