The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Gorilla Game, The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/for-full-disclosure-i-did-sell-off-half-my-rmbs-12252768.aspx

Subject:  Re: RMBS QCOM comparison Date:  3/22/2000  12:51 AM
Author:  TinkerShaw Number:  1664 of 8794

For full disclosure I did sell off half my RMBS holdings (LEAPS) at $300. Saw better places to put it work such as a speculative non-Gorilla play with GSTRF and many suffering Gorilla and biotechs.

But this aside Mike is absolutely correct in RMBS' potential. Unfortunately, given the current environment it will take some large reaffirmation of RMBS potential either by large news events or blow out earnings report to get it back on line.

I checked out the QCOM chart. Seems that Q had more of a steady climb up with some smaller retracements and sideways trading from time to time. RMBS is far more volatile. I think this is the fact that Mr. Buckley described as RMBS, if it is currently a Gorilla, is a weak Gorilla. The markets are understandably uncertain about RMBS and they are therefore acting as they are.

Look at it this way, January of last year QCOM was an underperforming stock. In MArch of last year (where we are at this year) Q just started its rise. It wasn't until January that Q peaked. I have no idea what will happen to RMBS over the next year. It is a long time. If you've done your DD, and have confidence in it don't worry about it. Just watch that 10% of the news which is Gorilla relevant. The IBM news is news of that sort. Will it mean anything material to RMBS, don't know enough about it. My impression is probably not, but it does make DDR less of a "vaporware" alternative. IBM is not a "hype" company. But note the press release even states that this DDR is not meant to replace RDRAM. As any Rambus long knows, RDRAM will not be in large servers for sometime, if ever do to pricing and specific large server performance needs.

Tinker
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us