The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Gorilla Game, The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/phil-i-own-cmgi-in-my-own-portfolio-and-had-it-as-12274944.aspx

Subject:  Re: TEN STOCKS TO RULE THE WORLD (II) Date:  3/24/2000  11:09 PM
Author:  Y2Krash Number:  1752 of 8813

phil

I own CMGI in my own portfolio and had it as one of my options in the original message. I think it's a great company and I hope it continues to perform as it has in the past. That said, I was reluctant to add it to the list because I don't see any market where they're the clear leader. They have their tentacles in all sorts of areas (ie. B2B, Advertising, Portals, etc...) but I don't see them leading any of these. Commerce One, Oracle and Ariba seem to have the vast majority of the B2B business while Doubliclick owns the advertising space and Yahoo dominates the portals. I'll hold onto my CMGI but it doesn't quite fit the bill for the list I'm building now.

Thanks for the thoughts

Krash

Note: There are many great companies that I had to leave off the list, in order to maximize the probablity of choosing emerging companies that will still dominate in ten years I had to take only those that were already establishing their leading positions in rapidly growing markets and had a strong lead on the competition.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us