The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  SS RECALCULATIONS Date:  3/28/2000  2:56 PM
Author:  FLUCO Number:  3239 of 22193

If you work after taking SS at 62, is SS recalculated for the next year's payments based on adding salary received in year after 62 to the salary base used to calculate original payment at 62? For example, if your salary in one of the 35 years on which SS bases your payments is less than what you made in year after 62, does SS move the base years up to include the higher year and drop the lowest of the 35, giving you a higher base? If so, when is this recalculation done, and when should you expect to receive the adjusted payment?
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us